Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hit The Waves

Now that the weather is warming up, making a visit to the beach opens up a variety of ways to get in a workout. I went the other day, and let me tell you... I felt like I was exercising even when I wasn't trying to!

Here are some things to do at the beach:
  • Swim
  • walk or run in the sand - burns more calories than when done on a sidewalk
  • walk or run in the water - the deeper you go the more calories you burn
  • fight the waves - when the current is good, it's a workout just trying to remain standing!
  • fishing
  • skiing
  • surfing - I really want to learn how to do this!
Just get creative! Even walking down the coast looking for shells still counts as walking and you get to enjoy a bit of sunshine and some beautiful scenery!

For those who don't live near the beach, you can still get exercise at a nearby lake or river!

Photo was taken by me. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment